Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Goats

I was sitting on the beach this morning listening to BackSpin on Sirius Satellite Radio. I love that channel it's old school hip-hop all the time. So as I was sitting there enjoying all the old school jams I started thinking about some groups that I loved that never really made it. First group that came to mind was the Goats. Their first c.d. "Tricks of the Shade" is great. It was maybe the first hip-hop concept album out. The story is great too. It's all about living in the early 90's in the Bush senor era. Their second c.d. "No Goats No Glory" is also great. Talk about a 180 in style though. They completely changed their sound. Once again one of the first hip-hop c.d. I heard with a live band on it. I highly recommend both these c.d. although "No Goats No Glory" might sounds less dated. I always wonder what happen to these guys. No VH1 behind the scene for these dudes. They don't even play them on Satellite. So if you can find these c.d.'s (good luck) buy them Yo!!!

No comments: